Stories to know this week:
1. Over the course of three months, Mazda posted images and videos on Instagram that plotted the course of a Mazda vehicle. Neat marketing on Instagram.
2. PR agencies, like Weber Shandwick, have started using data tools to identify target audiences and study behavior.
3. Google debuted their modular phone concept at Project Ara Developer’s Conference. Very exciting new phone that really innovates!
4. Joe Biden joined Instagram! His debut selfie with President Obama was just too precious.
5. Digiday spoke to HR execs from various agencies to gain insight into the hiring process — and to share some advice on how to get an agency job.
6. PR News found that 66% of PR professionals are not familiar with the Barcelona Principles, the standards and practices to guide the measurement and evaluation of public relations.
7. A small startup from Tel Aviv created a battery that can charge your phone from 0% to 100% in just 30 seconds.
8. ‘Stuff PR parents say’ – funny video from Hunter Public Relations from their bring your parents to work day!
9. Siri will be able to identify songs with the upcoming iOS 8 update.
10. Mullen Advertising created ‘World’s Toughest Job’ video on YouTube on behalf of a client with a surprising ending! Would you apply for a job with unlimited work hours and no breaks?