WordPress Daily Post Topic #31:
What’s one piece of technology you can’t live without?
Bonus: What technology do you wish would disappear from the world?
This is a pretty easy one. I could not live without my smart phone. I have a LG Droid Ally and I absolutely love it.
Google is one of the best things ever invented. When Droid came out with Google, it just made things better. If you haven’t gotten into Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Readers, Google Maps, etc. go do that NOW. These things will have your life organized in 5 minutes.
Anytime I update my Google Calendar, it automatically updates my phone calendar, so I have my calendar on my phone AND online anytime I need it. I can also view any Google Docs on my phone and see updates from blogs and feeds I subscribe to via Google Reader. I can also use Google Maps and Google Navigation for free anytime!
My Gmail also automatically syncs to my phone from laptop and visa versa so I don’t have to delete messages or anything else twice.
Droid Market – app market for Droid where you download all the apps. It’s amazing.
- Kindle for Droid [I love to read!]
- Google Sky Maps [see all the stars and constellations at any point during the day and anywhere in the sky]
- Google Maps [FREE GPS]
- Google Talk [Google chat via Gmail]
- Seesmic [notifies me of all new tweets and DMs quickly and it’s super easy to use]
- TweetDeck for Droid [organizes all my tweets and hashtags for me!]
- Foursquare [geo-location check-in app]
- Pandora [listen to all my favorite music anytime]
Technology I wish would disappear:
- Netbooks [those super small laptops that you can’t type on, see anything on or accomplish anything on]
- Facebook games [like farmville, mafia wars, etc. they are just stupid]
- Credit card swiping for cell phones [not a good idea]
- Mall credit cards for teens [it’s up to you if you want to go broke]