Millions showed up to march on Washington and march in local cities and GLOBAL cities around the world. Women and men showed up on every single continent. With the bodies that showed up and the creative power shown, we can absolutely continue this movement forward.
We need to think every single day what is bothering us most about this Trump administration. Not only about the terrible man himself, but what about the GOP party in general is doing. They are working against America and every day Americans, global citizens and our environment.
Working against those damaging actions is what will keep us moving. We cannot only move against Trump himself, we have to work together and work continuously to:
1. Get as many people involved as we can. The millions that showed up the Women's Marches can make a difference and we need every single one to stay engaged.
2. Call your state and local representatives every single day and talk to them about the issues you care about and what is most concerning. If they aren't working for you then they aren't doing their job. Collective voices CAN change votes. Find your representative here or call the switchboard and they will connect you: 202-224-3121.
3. Register people to vote. You can register here. We have new people turning 18 every day who will be eligible to vote in 2018 and 2020. Those younger demographics are more likely to swing left.
4. Increase turnout for the 2018 midterm elections. Democrats could take back the House of Reps. Learn more about what you can do here: https://swingleft.org
5. Talk to those around you about issues, even when you disagree. There's even a post here from Ted.com that has some ideas on how to talk to people constructively about politics. Start with respect.
6. Attend local meetings like your city council meetings, your local Democrat Town Meetings and any kind of local meeting in which you feel you should get involved. Best place to meet people to get involved in local actions you can take.
7. Remember the way we feel RIGHT now and carry that through to 2018 and 2020.
8. Get involved. Get involved. Get involved. So many resources and ways to get involved with your state Democrat party. Look for them.
9. Familiarize yourself with Democrats.org and organizations through that website. There are many issues that are the cornerstone of the Democratic party & you can get involved with them. Check out the Democrats.org website and find the issues section at the bottom of the site.
10. RUN FOR OFFICE! If you don't like how things are running in your local area OR on the national level, run yourself. Get started with running for office here.
Let's get to work.