Just for fun and because Jarrett and I talk about our careers a lot, I asked him to write his thoughts about what it's really like to date a girl in public relations. Here's what he came up with (god bless him):
- Starbucks is your friend, just make sure you get the order right or you will be going back. Coffee in general makes everything better for her.
- Always be on time. There is a schedule for everything, including your arrival. The last thing you want to do is make changes to the schedule.
- While Starbucks is your friend in the morning till the afternoon, it’s time to switch to your next friend wine in the evenings!
- You are now with a Twitter and social media addict, if you use a hashtag wrong you will hear about it.
- Twitter Chats are something you will now know about. You will lose her to one of these at least once a month (or twice) and you should not bother her at all during these or suffer dire consequences. These are serious.
- Client crises are also very serious. When she gives you warning of this, stay clear and try to be as supportive as possible until is passes.
- If you do not answer your phone after 2 tries, then she will most likely assume the worst: that you have been hospitalized or are dead. Always answer texts and calls.
- Go ahead and start investing in Apple stock early on! You are always on team Apple. Droids are not okay.
- Know that it’s okay to ask her to put her phone down. Do this often!
- No matter what the difficulties are or how you may lose your girlfriend to technology, you will be considered one of the lucky ones if you are with a PR girl. They are caring, loving and the best catch!
I think he added the last to try to sweeten me up, but that's okay! All of this is true for me!
I'll also be writing a similar post on what it's like to date a guy in broadcasting; it's difficult as well.
What else would you add?