A few things to know:
1. Our tweets are getting shorter, according MIT Technology Review.
2. Apple's October 22 event has been confirmed. The are expected to release new versions of the iPad and MacBook Pros.
4. Square opened Square Cash to everyone 18 or over with a US bank account allowing you to send money quickly without fees.
5. Drones are delivering textbooks to students via their GPS location.
6. Verizon began testing same-day delivery service in Philadelphia on phone orders.
7. Twitter teamed with Comcast to stream live TV through tweets.
8. Report from Unisphere Research and Skyword found 46% of companies have formal content marketing strategies and 87% create original content.
9. Twitter plans to allow users to opt-in to receiving DMs from anyone. Impact on marketing and customer service found here. Good option for brands using social for customer service to solve issues, give thanks, etc.
10. 84% of smartphone owners use apps during their morning routine, according to Statista.
Bonus: Disney to create an Avatar attraction land by 2017, complete with the plants and everything!
Did I miss anything? Share below!