This is a personal opinion post.
If you know me though, this really shouldn't be a surprise. I'm 100% behind President Obama.
I honestly believe in our President. He inherited a very damaged economy and no one can just make everything 100% better in just four years. I think he's done a hell of a job improving things though and giving us hope for the future.
Employment is growing. I know the past month hasn't been overly optimistic, but things are getting better. The policies are working and our economy is growing. Do we need more bipartisanship? Absolutely. The President can't do it alone.
Is there a much longer way to go? Yes. Can President Obama continue to improve our United States? Absolutely.
Here's why I support him and why he has my vote:
- He's a family man and I know he has core values that are important to him
- I believe he's honest and he truly wants what is best for America
- He's tough and he stands up for what he believes in
- He fights for Americans, even those who don't support him
- He's working for us and he has real plans to keep moving us forward
- He knows foreign policy and how to treat other country leaders. Other countries love him.
- He supports our veterans and I believe he shows a lot of respect to them
- He's concerned about education and wants to support more students
- He saved our auto industry and really turned it around
- Ended the war in Iraq and brought the soldiers home
- Doubled funding for pell grants for students - really helped me a lot
- Lowered the cost of federal loans
- Tax cuts for small businesses
- Over 30 months of job creation
- Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act - as a woman, I truly appreciate this
- Repealed "Don't ask, don't tell" - anyone should be able to fight for our country
- Supports gay marriage - everyone has a right to love whomever they chose
- I believe he believes in equality for all
- Passed "Obamacare" - I really do believe this will move us forward as a country
- I can stay on my mother's insurance until I'm 26
- Passed Wall Street Reform - which we really needed as a country because our big banks now have larger restrictions and hold more responsibility
There's honestly a hundred + more reasons I love and support our President. You can look up his accomplishments yourself.
I'm tired of people not really knowing the facts and knowing him and just going along with "what they've always believed." Get to know something different and you may just see things you haven't before. Just because you or your family has always believed or voted a certain way does not mean that is the way it should be.
Do the research yourself. Go vote and take some action.
There have been A LOT of lies this election. There has been a lot of voter suppression. There has been a lot of everything this campaign season. I truly believe President Obama has the better plan for our country and he will lead us forward, not backward like the Romney, Ryan plan will.
There's a clear path that will move America forward here... and I believe it's with our President Barack Obama.