What happens when Twitter hits 300 million + users? How many users does Twitter even have? These are questions to be answered. According to The Business Insider, Twitter has 175 million registered users. How many of those users are active users, follow people and actually tweet? Numbers from the same source:
- There were 119 million Twitter accounts following one or more other accounts.
- There were 85 million accounts with one or more followers.
These figures mean that there are 56 million Twitter accounts following zero other accounts, and 90 million Twitter accounts with zero followers.
Even though we many think Twitter is the greatest thing right now and we use it all day everyday, there are still millions of people out there who are not using Twitter, do not want to use Twitter and might not ever use Twitter.
For now, there are a lot of users on Twitter. Twitter users have a voice and companies/brands have noticed. Social media monitoring has becoming increasingly important and necessary.
What I like about Twitter now is that a lot of brands and companies are responsible and are actually responding to concerns via consumers. Instances I know of from myself and friends:
- One of my friends tweeted Dell about how her laptop had been awful and they sent her a new one!
- I tweeted FYE about not getting the foursquare discount and they sent an email to every single store reminding them of the discount.
- I tweeted 4imprint about not being satisfied with their customer relations and got a call from the CEO, who worked everything out.
- One of my friends tweeted to a very large clothing store and after a few tweets back and forth, she got a $20 giftcard for bad merchandise.
- One of my friends tweeted to Verizon about having to get a different phone five times because they were having problems with a certain phone type and they gave her a voucher for a completely new phone from a different brand.
HOW TO: Use Twitter for Customer Service via Mashable