#Reverb10 Day 26- Soul Food
December 26 – Soul Food. What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?
- Two things: Blackberry Wine Cake and Chipotle Mexican Grill.
These are two things I CANNOT forget about!
Let’s start with Blackberry Wine Cake. It’s incredible and I love the way it tastes! Plus we all know wine is amazing!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package blackberry gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups blackberry wine
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour on 9 or 10 inch tube pan. Put chopped pecans in bottom of pan.
- Combine the cake mix, blackberry gelatin, eggs, oil, and 1 cup blackberry wine. Beat for 2 minutes then pour batter over top of pecans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Pour 1/2 of blackberry wine glaze over top of cake while still warm. Let set for 10 minutes then remove cake from pan. Allow cake to cool fully before pouring the remaining glaze on top.
- To Make Blackberry Wine Glaze: Mix together the confectioner’s sugar, 1/2 cup blackberry wine, and the softened butter or margarine. Beat until smooth.
Amazing food. Incredible prizes. BIG servings! Tried it for the first time when I was in D.C. and fell in love with it!
The cilantro-lime rice is to die for, get the burrito bowl!